The Air Force Association congratulates the twelve teams of the All Service Division who have made their way to the semifinals of CyberPatriot, the nation’s largest and fastest-growing cyber security challenge.
CyberPatriot, produced by AFA, is a one-of-a-kind cyber defense competition, providing high school students hands-on learning about cyber security in a fun environment. During the latest competition on December 4, teams raced against time and their opponents to quickly find and effectively correct vulnerabilities in three different simulated networks, which is two more than what was necessary to advance in the previous two rounds.
The top two teams from each service – Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Civil Air Patrol – and two “wild card” teams will be competing in the first in-person challenge of the competition, to be held February 17 – 18, in conjunction with AFA’s Air Warfare Symposium and Technology Exposition, in Orlando, Florida.
- Air Academy Composite Squadron (CAP), US Air Force Academy, Colorado
- Beach Cities Cadet Sq 107 (CAP), Gardena, California
- Buena High School (Army JROTC), Sierra Vista, Arizona
- Clearfield High School (Air Force JROTC), Clearfield, Utah
- Colorado Springs Cadet Sq (CAP), Colorado Springs, Colorado
- John R. Rogers High School (Air Force JROTC), Spokane, Washington
- Marine Military Academy (USMC JROTC), Harlingen, Texas
- Montachusett Regional Vocational Technical School (USMC JROTC), Fitchburg, Massachusetts
- Nixa High School (Army JROTC), Nixa, Missouri
- Orlando Cadet Squadron (CAP), Orlando, Florida
- Ramona High School NJROTC (Navy JROTC), Ramona, California
- South Aiken High School (Navy JROTC), Aiken, South Carolina
“Cyber security is a crucial issue for our nation, and this competition addresses the growing need for cyber defenders,” said Bernie Skoch, CyberPatriot Commissioner. “In response, these students are truly rising to the occasion. They are completing extraordinary tasks and learning a complicated subject, but also having a great time in an exciting environment.”